Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, November 02, 2008

60 on the Horizon

This is one of my favorite weekends of the year, with the extra hour that just stretches out Sunday morning. This year it let me sleep relatively late and still get in a long run before noon.

Another gorgeous colorful fall day. I made the most of it with a route that combined parts of the Acme and Cobbs Creek loops that ended up going through Fairmount Park and then along the entire stretch of the Cobbs Creek bikeway. Colors were bright, and still have a little ways to go yet. By about mile 9 or so I had had it, with dead legs and chafing around the shorts. But that's what long runs are about, going farther than is comfortable and continuing to push. That's also why its advantageous to run with others, but in absence of that I was able to give myself all the push I needed. Wasn't looking for speed, just to keep going.

I lost my iPod this week, I fear for good as the last place I remember it was on the train to NYC on Thursday. I usually like a choice on whether or not to be with my thoughts, today I didn't get that. Just brought everything that was on my mind with me on the run. Didn't do much with this stuff but let it sit. My mind wandered off too much into other things for my liking, I've been picturing these long zen runs and things were too chattery in my brain for that. But I did have some memorable moments where I just lost myself in the colors. And that, pretty much, is running - many miles for a few memorable moments.

I don't know if anyone is interested in the route, but it is here. 15.5 miles in 2:05:14. First time running more than 2 hours since July. Also broke 50 miles for the week. Going for 60 next week.

PS - For the record, 10k extended Warrington loop yesterday, the most I could squeeze into a busy day.

PPS - NYC marathon today - good luck to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home