Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, October 02, 2006

New Blood

Took a DNR yesterday, kills me to do so on a weekend. Wanted to go out early but it was pouring rain, and then a combination of moving and kids stuff took up the rest of my day. But that will be the last day that I can use moving as an excuse.

Made it up and out this morning with Kevin F., who is now rooming with me. Allen also made it out for his 2nd official Club West Philly run to join veterans me and KJ. Beautiful morning and a good clip as we ran out to Cobbs Creek and back around Woodland Ave.

We were running down Cobbs Creek and, in a lull between conversations I got thinking on the topic of change. Having Kevin and Allen along changes the dynamic of the runs considerably. Our running has a bit more of an edge to it, the talk is more sports and running focused. The latter has alot to do with Erin's absence as well. Anyway, was thinking about how there seems weeks and months of runs that are comfortable and comforting in the constancy of the people and the routes, followed by relatively short times where things seem to get convulsed and contorted until a new order emerges. This is obviously one of those times.

The thing that keeps it all together is the thing that doesn't change - lacing up your shoes and heading out the door. 10+ miles in 80:36.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home