Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Emotional Cocktail

Since you been gone, I realize
That you were wrong, I'm a pretty good guy
- Chris Knight

Met KJ & Silas to run to the Art Museum, where we met up with John Dubs and English Mike for a jaunt through Fairmount Park. Up and over Lemon Hill, past the reservoir to Strawberry Mansion Bridge (where KJ left us), back over Belmont Plateau and past the Botanical Gardens, Memorial Hall, and the zoo (where English Mike left us) through Powelton Village and Drexel/Penn campuses, over the South Street bridge and up the Schuylkill bike path back to the Art Museum. Here John continued his quest for his last 20 miler before Chicago and I headed back to my West Philly home.

I don't know how well that reads, but it sure writes nicely. Philadelphia is such a rich city in terms of stuff tucked away in its nooks and crannies, like exploring your grandparents attic. We've been running in and around Fairmount Park for so long that we tend to take alot of this for granted, and writing it up, just stringing together one thing to another (with a ton of stuff I never even mentioned), brings up again how fortunate we are to have this area to run. One of the many conversation topics covered during this morning's run was how spoiled we are when we complain of how tired we are of running the Drives. I'd take just the Drives over Central Park or any other running turf (except maybe Cobbs Creek) any day.

And I'll save how fortunate I am to have such a good posse of running peeps for another day.

The endorphins must have mixed with the serotonins this morning to make this emotional cocktail. Either that or writing here gets me to think about what I've got.

One of those leisurely, meandering, won't ever be repeated in exactly the same way again loops. Call it 16.5 miles in 2:14:17. This closes out September with 210 miles. Not bad given all the racing, moving and traveling I've had this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home