Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday

Went down to the Art Museum this morning to check in with my Philly Runner peeps. elizabeth had drawn out this 16-mile course, and English Mike and John Dubs showed up as well. We set out to go at 8 minute mile pace, and started even slower to accommodate two other runners who showed up thinking the regular PR run was still at 8 am (its now at 9:30). But elizabeth and I kept getting ahead of the rest, even though the pace seemed really slow. Finally after winding our way through Fairmount Park and ending up on Ridge Ave on the way to Manayunk, without saying anything to each other we just picked up the pace to where it didn't feel so agonizingly slow. I don't know what was up with John and Mike, they usually run these at a much faster clip. Maybe John's blog will have an answer.

After Manayunk e & I crossed into Montgomery County and ran Belmont back to City Line. These are some of the best hills in the area, and we took them strong without charging them. elizabeth is a good runner when she stays healthy. I ran with her some last fall before a couple of freak injuries took her out of marathon training, and I think she only fully recovered over the summer. Should she stay healthy, she should do very well in her fall marathon. From there we ran back through Fairmount, along the reservoir, over Lemon Hill and back to the Art Museum. She offered thanks for my pushing her to a faster pace; I said thanks for keeping me honest on some very dead legs. Never realized that women engage in pissing contests too.

Parkway Run 5k is tomorrow, see if team "EZ on the Eyz" can defend our title. Last year that team title got us dinner for 10 at the Four Seasons. It would be awesome, but unlikely that we repeat that. A peak performance is likewise unlikely tomorrow, as I probably did a longer workout than I should have today and looking forward to what may be a late night tonight as well.

And lastly, I finally got to see the Rocky Statue in its new resting place. It is just off on the lawn by the fountain where PR usually meets. Already tourists are posing in front of it raising their arms in the air. That is truly art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home