Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Own Private Marathon

I dig my heels into the dirt; this one's gonna hurt. (Charlotte Martin)

I thought that as I woke up this morning, bleary eyed at 5:30 and, after those few seconds of orienting myself to where I was, realizing that I had agreed to run with Allen this morning.

Allen's timing for popping back to West Philly couldn't have been better. Pregnancy and injury and the like is wreaking havoc with the Club West Philly regulars, so its good to have new blood. And, like running with Deirdre, there's no tail dragging with him. We ran down Cobbs Creek to Woodland and down to 43rd, about 7/7:30 pace but conversational. And a good conversation it was - guy conversation: spurts of talk punctuated by periods of silence. It's good to have him back. And contrary to expectations, pain did not set in until we were well down Woodland; I feel recovered already. 8.5 miles in 61:21.

And I'm back in Philly, no more trips for awhile. These last two weeks have been brutal, and my last day of this is today, where I have yet one more conference to present at, but fortunately its here in Philly. It feels like a marathon, and like a marathon the finish can't come soon enough. But its just about here now.

And finally, I appreciate all the support that continues to come my way. I'm still riding a high from it. But I'm also feeling the pressure: Duncan says now I need to train for a 2:30 marathon, Allen says 2:25. Hell, I'm still trying to break 2:40.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I got in 2 miles this morning pain-free. I'm glad I didn't have to hang with you and Allen, but I should be back in the saddle before too long.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home