Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Running is My Prozac

As read on a bumper sticker on sale at the expo last weekend.

My legs still feel like they do after a hard workout the day before. So I ran 6 miles easy - out to Cobbs Creek and back on Warrington - 50:12.

It wasn't my legs that needed the workout today. I went out with my iPod and Hayes Carll's second album playing. I'd worn a groove into my iPod listening to the first album that I treated myself to his second, Little Rock, yesterday. On first listen today, its one of those albums that I'm surprised it took me this long to get. Songs about coming and going. Good stuff while running. Or waiting to move.

I realized yesterday at work that it was my grandmother's birthday. She would have been 98 this year. My mom says that she used to be quite an athlete back in her day, despite the limited opportunities that women had in that area in early 20th century Germany. I like to think that when we think of the deceased that have been close in our lives it is actually them making their presence known to us. So happy birthday, Puppe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home