Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Easy run again today. Art Museum loop with Tarika on the iPod. It's some of the best motivational music I have right now, and I used it to help visualize my race on Sunday. Specifically,

1) I will take it easy on the first few miles and then run an 11 mile race.
2) I will pay close attention to how I'm feeling in the race. I won't get lured into picking things up too early, if I don't feel right I'll keep it conservative, and if I feel good after mile 5 then I'll be burning up that course like an oil-slick fire! I will use how I felt at Stone Harbor as my reference point for this. Again, I will play it by feel.
3) I will have enough left to go balls to the wall on the final promenade.
4) I won't run for time as much as run smart. It is unlikely that conditions will be conducive to pr'ing, so I won't come in with that expectation. Instead I will go in there looking to place well. I'll take a page out of Kevin's book and go for the shwag. If I get an age group trinket I will have met my goal. Judging by last year, going sub 1:17 should get me there, and that is very doable.
5) I am in the best shape of my life, and everything points to my running a great race.
6) Shake and bake!

Calves felt tight running this morning. Call it the lingering effects of Tuesday's run. But if I didn't have something to worry about I'd have to make something up.

Old Ernesto is making a run up the East Coast this weekend, but as he goes out we'll be going back. Forecast is for showers in Virginia Beach this weekend, in other words it looks alot better down there than in Philly.

Other than that, its packing, an early sleep, and 3 or 4 miles easy tomorrow and Saturday, preferably on the course.

6.5 miles this morning in 54:44. Enough miles to get me to 300 for the month. The first time ever that I've logged back to back 300 mile months.

To yet again quote Ricky Bobby, this time quoting Eleanor Roosevelt: "America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed." Catch you again after its over.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

I like #4. I needed that last weekend.

Are you sure you don't want to go out in about 5:30 and see what happens? That's "always" fun.

8:57 AM  
Blogger John W said...

Good luck this weekend. The fact that last week you raced on Tuesday, ran 22 miles on Saturday and still kicked ass in the 10K on Sunday blows my mind, I think VB will go well.

I'll be applying some of your pre-race thoughts to my marathon in October.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home