Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, August 18, 2006

Existential Track

Greetings from Northern Virginia. Pulled in late yesterday evening and will take off again in about an hour with my "new" 97 VW Golf.

Usually when I'm staying at my sister's and I'm looking to get something other than a long run in, I'll head out to the track that's about 3 blocks from her place. Today was no exception. I really felt no reason to put in miles this morning other than to give my body something to do while I listened to music. Had on Hayes Carll, whom I've been overplaying lately. Don't know why, just a primal need to hear it.

Strange days will leave you wondering,
And good times they don't always stay.
And true love, it'll shake you like thunder.
And old friends just fade away.

Can't explain exactly why lines like those strike a chord (if I did it wouldn't be "primal"), and here I'll leave myself open for psychoanalysis.

Seven miles on the track. First mile was in 9:15 and I walked down the ladder, making each subsequent mile a bit faster until I hit the seventh in 5:56. But I was just doing this to amuse myself, to pass the time. Ironically, the first miles were harder than the last.

Seven miles in 54:09.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home