Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Allons a Montreal

Me, Jody & KJ/Silas did essentially the same route today as we did last Wednesday, save we did a little detour past Erin's house on the off chance that she'd be running this morning. The weather was much cooler today, the run felt stronger, and conversation was a bit more lively. KJ even scoped out the article he will write for Runners World on the perfect training plan.

So why did this loop go by 3 1/2 minutes more slowly? Maybe the time-space continuum is a bit off today.

Called it 10 last week, but I'm thinking its a bit more this time around. So I gmapped it and the loop came out just shy of 11. 96:12.

Going to Montreal this afternoon for the annual meetings of the American Sociological Association and the Society for the Study of Social Problems. Coincidentally, the Festiblues is there this weekend as well. I spent a weekend in Montreal last summer during happier times and enjoyed the place alot. So I look forward to more of the same. I'll get in my runs as I can, I'm not pushing things this week. Sofar I've been getting my mileage in but not putting in any speed. I'm about due for an easier week.

Be back on Sunday. Don't know if I'll have internet access up there so I'll see you when I see you.

ADDENDUM:

I forgot to write, I passed by this scene described by the Inquirer, must have been two hours after it occurred. Cop car on the sidewalk all accordioned and lying on its back like a big turtle, and at least two other cars just smashed up. From what I saw, its a miracle that the injuries were this light. Here is the Inquirer writeup:

Police car overturns, 2 injured in morning accident

Lloylita Prout
Inquirer Staff Writer

A police officer and a woman were injured in West Philadelphia this morning in an accident that overturned a police vehicle and damaged three other cars, authorities said.

At about 5:30 a.m., an officer traveling southbound on 48th Street collided with a silver Chevy Malibu traveling eastbound on Locust Street, police said. The police car flipped and hit two parked cars.

The police officer was taken to the the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was treated and was expected to be released.

A 58-year-old female passenger in the other car was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.

The accident, which did not seem to involve a chase, will be investigated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home