Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Shoutouts!

I had to be in NYC at 9am, which pretty much blew my morning run. But I did get to make it out to the Philly Runners Tuesday evening run, a rare happenstance for me.

Basically a run in 3 acts. Act 1 was the run to the Art Museum, run to the rhythm of Mike Morgan and Jim Suhler, two old Texas guitar hands who play it Austin style. At the end of this act I ran into Ryan, who played it smart this summer and just stopped running when it got too hot. However he's looking to do a half ironman at the end of this month, so I wish him luck.

Lots of folks at the Art Museum. In Act 2, I ended up running with the same folks I usually do. Bike Mike, who turned around after the John Kelly statue; KJ, who turned around a little later; and John Dubs, with whom I ran up and over the Strawberry Mansion Bridge and back down to Sweetbriar where I went right to go home and he went straight to get back to the Art Museum. Its rare that when John and I run together that its anything less than 16 miles, so it felt just like we were getting a groove going and then we parted ways. We did catch up on the important stuff - training and music.

Act 3 took me through Fairmount Park and through Mantua and into West Philly via 41st St and then Haverford Ave. More Morgan & Suhler. Nothing much to write about. I'm too lazy to gmap this loop, which means I cut myself short distance wise but I'll call it 11 miles in 88:16.

Shoutouts:

First shoutout goes to my homies at the Philadelphia Athletic Charities TC. Kevin F., Chuck, Scott and Russ won the 4x800 at the USATF National Masters Track Championships. Won as in they are now national champs. Combined time was 8:30.42. Awesome guys, and congratulations.

Second shoutout goes to Tina, who, influenced the weekend before last by one too many mojitos, decided to pick up running and has been plugging along at it despite some misadventures. Unfortunately she now also wastes her time reading this blog - so hopefully this will encourage her to keep it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home