Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Matter of Faith

Jody, KJ/Silas, the heat and me this morning. We did an Art Museum loop and, as we went over the South Street Bridge, Center City was in a haze with the sun as an orange fireball between the Liberty Place buildings.

Once we got to the end of the bike path Jody suggested we go the extra quarter mile to Lloyd Hall to hit the water fountain. Good idea, and a new wrinkle to an old loop was born.

As we cut through Hill Field at Penn, we saw Veena running down Walnut St. looking in fine form. This was in stark contrast to our slog, and led to a discussion on mileage, which led me to make a comment to the effect that if we were looking just to do quality miles, this run would be axed really quick. After KJ and Jody bailed at 47th St., I continued down Locust to Cobbs Creek and back home on Cedar. But that question, the "why do I run on a day like today" stuck in my head.

Don't really have an answer for it. Maybe its a matter of faith. Like daily mass, you just go.

Call it a long 10 in 92:40.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home