Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, July 17, 2006

Down the Ladder

Greetings from Washington. Have a meeting here later today and stayed over at my sister's last night. There is a high school with a track just down the street, and I loaded up my iPod with new music and just took off to the track and ran lots of circles while taking the time to listen to the music.

I did a workout on the track, not to be confused with a track workout. Ran ten miles mainly to keep my streak alive (18 days now). To make it interesting, I shot for making each 1600 faster than the last. I was patient this time around and was rewarded by fulfilling my objective and keeping things easy. The 1600 times were:

9:56 (long and warmup)
8:48
8:35
8:13
7:57
7:41
7:21
7:03
6:42
8:58 (long and cooldown)
(81:19 total time)

Listened to Mem Shannon and Mighty Sam McClain on the iPod. Both of them blues, neither were particularly noteworthy.

Going to hit 100 degrees today, glad I got the workout out of the way. This will likely be the end of my double digit streak, as several factors dictate that squeezing out 10+ miles tomorrow would be a bad idea. We'll see, but I won't be heartbroken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home