Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Untitled

Went up to Manayunk to run with the Philly Track Club guys. There's always a bit of apprehension going up there, as I know I'll likely be the slowest (and oldest) guy running. That was probably the case today, but while the pace they go at is faster than my long run pace, it is still a pace I can keep up with.

Brutally hot this morning, with a lot less humidity. Somehow I imagine humidity as absorbing heat, so when the humidity is low the heat gets worse. The route we ran this morning was good for the weather, as much of it was on Forbidden Drive and very shady and the rest, through Chestnut Hill and then at the end when they went to do trails and I took the Wissahickon path back to Ridge Ave and up that hill back to Manayunk, was relatively shaded. Still, I was drenched on getting back.

Hard to tell the distance, I feel safe to say 14 miles, in 1:42:26. I underestimated the length of the loop I was to do, and when I stopped I wished I could have put more in, but 14 is plenty. Faster and shorter today. Lydiard would not have approved but there is a school of thought that says if you are going hi mileage then you are better off doing them in more or less even increments. That's what I did, but not necessarily because I set out to do that. I think what I set out to do with this route is to run long and hard in the heat as a prep for Labor Day.

Don't know how effective that training approach it, but I sure stayed true to it today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home