Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Weight

Met up with KJ and the pregnant lady this morning for a usual Acme loop. We started out silently and gradually warmed up to conversation as we passed through Penn campus. Even as talk got more interesting with stories involving persons with Alzheimers wielding firearms and naked men getting shot at by Marines, the run still went painfully slow.

Highlight of the run was getting to see a Red Tailed hawk clutching a freshly killed squirrel and sitting on a tree branch about 20 feet away from us. He apparently had no fear of us and looked as still as a museum diarama.

The relative humidity must have been in the three digits this morning. It was so humid that about halfway through the run the moisture in the air started coalescing into a steady rain that cooled things off while we ran and is intermittently continuing through the morning.

I tripped and fell going down the Locust Walk bridge. Landed on my left side and its been a pain in my butt ever since.

A day when the world feels just a bit heavier. At least my run is in the log. Went a bit further to make it ten, and probably went a bit farther than that, given that the run clocked in at 90:01. It was not a nine minute pace run, but I'm not saying it was a brisk run either.

Take a load off Anny, take a load for free;
Take a load off Anny, And you can put the load right on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home