Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Blather

Back to running w/ Club West Philly this morning. Myself, KJ & son, Deirdre and Jody showed up. We did the Acme loop down 40th St., which in hindsight was not a good move as when 40th becomes Parkside Ave the southbound side is torn up, making it rough sailing for running strollers. This led to me and Deirdre, who was favoring the outside of her right foot this morning, pulling away from the other two, and we reached mitosis upon hitting 52nd St. Since no-one got stranded I guess this was okay but I felt bad about it nonetheless. On the other hand I got to talk with Deirdre a bit and was appreciative of this opportunity. Something about running, with a common wavelength brought on by the shared activity and both of us looking ahead, makes for good talking.

Got in 8 in 66:01; I want to tack on 4 or so later on and finish up at the pool and cool off with some laps. Started to lift again, upper body stuff, and learning the hard way exactly how these muscles function (and believe me, you use them) in running. Weight continues to hold steady at 169, which means I got to shop for new pants but otherwise I'm happy with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home