Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Penance

Yesterdays run was flighty, today the work resumed. Ran up to the Art Museum, then the loop around the Drives, and back home. Pace was slow - did the MLK river miles in just under 8 pace and continued a sleepy 7:50 pace back down Kelly until I was the victim of a slow pass. Ordinarily on a day like today I would have let the guy go, but he was wearing a fuel belt. So I pulled in behind and then alongside him and shifted into a 7:15 pace. This time the other guy initiated conversation and it was a lesson in you can't judge a runner by his fuel belt, as he was putting in miles in preparation for the Lake Placid Ironman next month and had as little trouble keeping up the conversation at this pace as I did.

That made the Kelly Drive miles, usually the longest and most God forsaken on this loop go by much quicker. 15 miles represents the outer distance of what I consider an intermediate run, and to do this on a weekday, knowing I'll get in a proper long run on the weekend, makes this workout really long. Add to that the soupy nature of the air this morning and I'm glad its in the logbook.

15 miles in 1:58:05.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home