Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, June 09, 2006

Before They Make Me Run

Patchwork of miles this morning. The center of gravity for Club West Philly appears to be shifting to KJ's, as we met over there this morning and again took off for points west on Pine, to Cobbs Creek, and back on Woodland. The pregnant lady was in good form today, doing blistering striders to get ahead of us so that she could use the portajohn and rejoin us without us losing stride. Jody hung on for eight on a run that he understood to be only six, and KJ realized what shitty condition the SW Philly streets were in. Silas, the only sensible one among us, dozed for virtually the whole run.

As for me, after we did eight I tacked on another 1.5 down to 39th St. to make it 9.5. No time available due to a timing malfunction. When I got back, I had a cup of coffee and bowl of oatmeal as I set about to locate a suitable venue for watching Germany in the inaugural World Cup game this afternoon. I didn't bother taking off my shoes, as I went right back out the door and ran with Tony as he biked to school and continued down to Franklin Field. On the track, I ran a 3200 in 12:38 and went back home. Total was an additional 5.5 miles.

Dunno what to call that 3200. Just ramped it up to where I felt fast but comfortable. I figure that will be my baseline for pacing future river miles, and this pace will eventually drop to marathon pace and then to tempo pace. But its still early for that, right now I'm just thinking miles.

And for what its worth, I weighed in at 169.5 today. I keep track of my weight and pulse (both taken upon waking up) in my running log, and this is the first time in the 5 years I've been keeping a log that I've gone below 170 (and I'm guessing the first time I've been at this weight in adulthood). Not sure what to make of it other than I figure it can't hurt my racing.

Maybe those stones were heavier than I thought.

After all is said and done
Gotta move while it's still fun
Let me walk before they make me run

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home