Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, June 02, 2006

Pre-Op

11 miles this morning. SMB loop. Another one of those runs that started out slow and feckless before I found a cache of energy that turned it into a run I was satified with. 89:52, with 3.5 river miles in 24:54 - a sub 7:10 pace. The rain last night did absolutely nothing to wash away the humidity, and it looks like we're in the middle of one of those wet blanket heat waves.

So that makes 11 straight double digit mileage days. 136 miles total over that stretch. With that under my belt I'm satisfied that I've trained hard and am ready for surgery. I didn't taper as much as I might have liked, but I think pre-op tapering is overrated anyway. I go in at 8:45 this morning, and appreciate any thoughts/prayers you send my way.

While this is routine surgery and it is very unlikely anything adverse would happen, nonetheless my mind drifted there during the run this morning. Drifted along the lines of Steve Goodman's "A Dying Cubs Fan's Last Request." I didn't have the time/talent to come up with anything like that, but if I were to go then I'd like my ashes spread around the Drives by a group of folks over the course of a tempo run so that they can swirl around in the multi-directional headwind and my spirit can push you folks along in those countless 5k and 10k races and haunt the bejesus out of you when you decide to turn around at the John Kelly statue.

But that's if I die. More likely I'll be back here Sunday or Monday spraying more blather into the ether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home