Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hot & Hazy

Quick entry today as me and the kids are getting set to road trip it up to NYC to hang out in Central Park and then go see the Broadway play Mamma Mia. ABBA is a guilty little pleasure that all three of us share.

Made it out a bit later than planned and paid for it in sweat. Sun was hot and beating down with a good chunk of humidity in the air. Went out to Cobbs Creek and crossed over into Delaware County for a bit. Running through subdivisions and a guy goes "You'll never make it up that hill." I shout back, "watch me" and the guy erupts laughing. The only other memorable Yeadon moment was seeing the Center City skyline from Baltimore Pike, through the haze a set of dark gray rectangles outlined a lighter gray background.

About this time I got a good clip working that I carried through the rest of the run (course map here). 11 in 77:10. Sub 8 pace on tired legs. Sixth straight double digit mileage day and a weekly total of 76 miles, most I've logged in a week since the beginning of March. Furthermore, this heat feels like a changeover to where I can now visualize training for the Virginia Beach half. Despite presidential regrets I'll say it anyway, "Bring it on!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home