Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Changing Bedtimes


I'm off to take a nap. I read Asterix and the Normans with Tony before he went to bed last night and promptly fell asleep in his bed. When I woke up it was 2 am and I just got up and did all the things I had meant to do last night - pack, prep for the trip, and get my grades in from last semester - early this morning. Got all that done just as it was time to run.

Once outside I realized that we're back to having beautiful weather. Ran w/ Deirdre and Erin on the usual Acme loop. Legs felt much more settled. Conversation was varied, one of the topics that interested me the most started with Erin's newfound realization that "good" runners run in pain every bit as much as their slower counterparts. I said if anything faster runners tend to have more of a threshold for pain - the kind that comes from pushing one's body to and beyond its physical limits. Deirdre chimed in by paraphrasing Bob Kennedy's saying that when he hit the international circuit he realized that every race would hurt from start to finish. This seems to be a theme I'm encountering alot lately and one I'm interested in exploring further in this training cycle. Beyond getting out to the track more, I'm not sure how I'll do it yet.

9.5 miles in 1:15:29.

I'm heading out to Denver this afternoon for another round of altitude training. For appearances, there are also some work obligations involved. I will probably have internet access there so time permitting I'll write some postcards. I'm going to look to get another run in this afternoon and get back into fitting some double sessions days into my training. Tomorrow it will be a challenge to get a run in at all, as my day is scheduled to start with a 7:00 breakfast and keep going through that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home