Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, May 01, 2006

My Own Private Relays

Read over my last few posts and they read more like running logs - details of runs that may be of interest only to me, rather than blog entries which are different in that I'd like to put a bit more thought into them. But this one will likely be another log entry as I don't feel like I have the time it takes to do the other.

Today was a throwaway run anyway, 4 miles to Franklin Field and back, including three laps on the resanctified track. The litter was blowing around more than usual and various detritus from the weekend relays were still lying about, but the stands were again empty and the track was again all mine as I did some slow laps to boost a 3.5 mile loop to over four. In so doing I imagined I was the Monday installment of the Relays, the session where I was the legend. But it was in my own mind, as all three times I passed the Wall of Fame I failed to see any plaque with my name on it.

The only reason I ran today was that I kept repeating that it was better to get a few miles in than to take a DNR.

Yesterday I ran 12 around Fairmount and MLK Drive. Parts were fast, parts were slow and the weather was again beautiful. Ran past Memorial Hall just as the Inglis House 5-miler started. I kept running my own route and later heard about it from Kevin F., who won the race and $100 in prize money. Congrats.

Will take it easy this week as I count down to Broad Street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home