Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, April 21, 2006

Good Luck Paul and Mike

Typical for Friday mornings, I went running carrying the weight of all the crud that builds up over the course of a week. I told Erin I wanted to run a "comfort" route, something that was familiar and required me not to think. Erin tends to dislike the tried and true, so we compromised by doing the original version of the Acme loop, which takes us down 40th Street and around the old food distribution center. 8 miles in 63:38.

As has been the case lately, the morning was perfect for running. I also ran the first mile or two with a moderate but lingering cramp in my quad. Never had that before.

As we went up the hill along the food distribution center, we sent good karma along Paul's way. Paul ran with us for awhile last summer while he was visiting here from London. He would always charge up that hill and most of the time I wouldn't even try to match him. We don't run that hill much anymore, but do call it Paul's Hill for that reason. Paul ran a 1:23 in a half marathon a few weeks ago, so he's got more than a good shot at a Boston Qualifier when he runs the London Marathon on Sunday. But 'nuff said, as I don't want to jinx him.

English Mike is also going back to Brittania to run this Sunday, so I'll extend best wishes to him as well. Mike says he's not going for the BQ yet in this race; instead looking to PR, which is somewhere in the low 3:50's if I'm not mistaken.

Due to the time difference, I won't be following London like I did the Boston race. Instead it will be more of a Christmas morning effect, where I'll bolt up out of bed and run to the computer and search for their results.

And hope their efforts will inspire me when I do the Revolutionary Run in Valley Forge later that day.

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

Did you know the London race will be broadcast live on the BBC website? Pacemakers set for a 1:02:45 half, Deena aiming at 2:18, Haile Haile Haile?

This one's worth staying up for.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home