Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Fine Tuned

I'm ready to go; to get on out there and shake em on down!

Just got back from Franklin Field track. Dropped Tony off at school, got good wishes there from Bryant and Jeff, and then kept running down to FF, where I also got promised that good karma would come my way on Sunday from KJ and Deirdre, who were wrapping up their workout on the track as I got there. KJ is looking in very good shape for a week into fatherhood.

In what is now tradition, my last pre marathon track workout was 5 x 1000 m reps (w/ 400 m recoveries) - a 5k on the installment plan. The payments came out to 3:19; 3:16; 3:20; 3:18 & 3:18 for a total time of 16:31 (8.5 miles total). Just the right effort - hard enough to be challenging but not so hard as to push me to the edge. If I was a wind-up toy then this would be the winding up, now I just need to be set down at the starting line and I'm ready to go.

Weather forecast for Paris on Sunday is high 40s, partly cloudy, and light wind. Almost perfect. I'm taking the day off and packing leisurely before flying out late this afternoon. I don't know if I'll get any internet access while I'm over there, if so I'll give a quick update on how things go; if not I don't know if the race results will be online, as the 2005 results are nowhere to be found on the web. The link to Paris Marathon is here.

I got a good feeling now, like I will be breathing rarified sub-2:40 air at the finish on Sunday. Stay tuned.

Gonna shake em on down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home