Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Comfort Clothes

Usual 9.5 mile Acme loop in 74:25. It only took me 20 more seconds to run 11 yesterday. Taper means I don't even have to think about whether I'm doing another workout today.

I felt yesterday's run still embedded in my legs this morning. Me, Deirdre and KJ. I'd say Deirdre got us through the run at least five minutes faster than were she not there. She gave us an extended first person account of the dark side of Philly ward politics as she hummed along, and I pushed to stay with her and listen, overriding my subconscious tendency to fall back.

Weather remains chilly sunny and windy, I'm ready for the progression towards Spring to get out of this rut. I wore a baggy sweatshirt, gloves, and a way-cool new USATF ski hat I got as shwag last week. Leave it to a nasty March morning to want more comfort than usual, after making it through the bowels of January and February with the approach that I will underdress, suck it up for the first mile and then running comfortably for the rest of the run. Sure enough, I peeled off and carried several articles of clothing over the last miles, but today I didn't mind.

Both Deirdre and KJ asked alot of questions about Paris, and I realize that I'm behind on my geeking out about all things Paris marathon. Also in converting miles to km's. Also got some good comments/emails recently on training, etc. which is appreciated.

Today its back to court to deliberate. Trial should be over today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home