Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, March 10, 2006

Update

Gland is still swollen, and the rest of my body is starting to follow suit. Gained 6 pounds since Sunday.

I've not run since then, after lymph nodes on the left side of my neck started swelling and getting painful. Despite being put on a course of antibiotics, laying off of running, and getting lots of sleep, this damn lump is still hanging around. Last time I wrote I thought this was due to overtraining, but I'm starting to think not. But after laying off running didn't work, I went out to run this morning, but the bumping aggravated my neck enough to where I made it to Erin's house and decided to exercise restraint (a bad KJ joke) and turn back. I saw the doctor again later today and he put me on a different antibiotic. If that doesn't do it then it amps up to going in for various tests. Don't worry, Mom, the onset and behavior of this thing is, fortunately, nothing like what it would be if it were cancerous.

That leaves the question of Sunday's race. Running it may be painful, but it doesn't seem like doing so will make my neck any worse. So at this point, provided things don't get worse, I'm inclined to go run it. Plan is run an easy eight or so tomorrow and see how I hold up. If that works out okay, then I'll go ahead and run on Sunday. I really want to run this race, and am willing to put up with some pain if I have to. Hell, its a half marathon, there's going to be pain regardless. And who knows, someday this thing may actually get better.

Provided I run, how will this layoff affect me? Will I be stale or rejuvenated? Will my mojo still be sticking around despite the paucity of miles? PR or bust? Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home