Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hill Repeats

For the last three days, I've been doing hill repeats the proper way - downhill, very fast, on long thin boards made of fiberglass.

Got back earlier today from a long weekend of skiing in the Poconos. We met up with the family of an old high school friend with sons about Tony's age and we spent each of the last three days putting in 8+ hours skiing. As this isn't a skiing blog I'll merely say it was most excellent.

My running also held its own, but in a decidedly more mundane fashion on the treadmill at the "resort" we were staying at. Sunday and Monday I did 8.5 and 10 miles respectively, at about 7:30 pace for what I considered to be easy days. Today I did 11, with 9 miles at 6 minute pace. Tedious affairs all three, but they fulfilled the obligation.

Has anyone figured out what the exchange rate is between hours on the slopes and miles run? Skiing doesn't beat up the legs as much as it wears them down. In retrospect, putting all this stress on my legs was probably not a bright move. But I'd do it again. But instead I will go back to a pile of shit at work tomorrow and my left hip, with its suspected bursitis, being at its naggingest. I really aggravated it, especially with a couple of falls, and now I'm hoping that my hip will be forgiving of my foolishness.

In the meantime, the alert level is back up to yellow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Haha....the Homeland Security Alerts reminded me of Heart Rate training.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home