Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, February 17, 2006

#2417

I'm in.

The Paris Marathon finally has me included among their list of runners. Metraux fits in there quite nicely among such names as "Metairie," "Metallier" and "Methiviers."

#2471, a high enough number to where I can gun for the lower numbers, but low enough to get me in the preferred start group, meaning I can start near the front. In a race of 36,000 people, that is important for a good time.

So now the focus becomes clearer. Paris Marathon is April 9, about 7 weeks away. Eek!

Beautifully mild weather this morning, snow is nearly all melted again and is no longer an issue. All four of us made it out this morning but KJ turned back early due to injuries, minor I hope, he suffered from wiping his bike out on the trolley tracks yesterday. The rest of us kept going around the Acme loop. As is normal for me on Friday mornings, I was/am really really tired. But I got pulled along early and finished the loop feeling strong. 9.5 in 75:47, about nine minutes faster than what we did Wednesday.

Check this out for the run planned tomorrow. Meet us out at the Philadelphia Museum of Art at 8:15 if you want to join us. To and fro West Philly should give me about 20 miles total. Miles-not Speed will be my mantra tomorrow. And I'm not doing the steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home