Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Into the Light

Its starting to get light at about 6:30 now, I checked my watch just before we ran up the Lansdowne Ave hill. I can actually remember this better spatially, associating the hill with the sun on this loop. KJ actually said a week or so ago that the days get longer by a little at first and then the increases in daylight get larger as the season progresses.

Me, Erin and Deirdre this morning on the Acme loop. A cloudless, chilly but not cold, really beautiful morning to run. Erin bailed early so for the second half it was me and Deirdre, taking the run at a pace a bit quicker than usual but still conversational. Deirdre is a natural runner, and, although unfailingly gracious about running at a pace to accommodate others, has a brisk default pace that seems to come naturally to her but pushes me. That's exactly what I need and also leads me to realize that, were it not for the gender disparity in running, she'd be out of my league. 9.5 in 74:40.

I'm going to Dallas today for a few days for some research related stuff, and I don't know how much I'll get to run for the next two days. This was planned (otherwise I would have cut back mileage a week or two ago) but the older I get the more disruptive travelling gets. So we'll see if I have internet (and blogging) access, and whether I'll have anything to blog about.

On Sunday I think I'll race the Shiver by the River 10k up in Reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home