Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, January 30, 2006

The mild weather continues. Fog this morning, not thick but heavy so that you could smell it when inhaling. Like dry ice.

The three of us did the Acme loop, as has been our habit of late, down to 34th St. and then adding a bit by going around the distribution center via Lebanon St. and then south on 57th St. (I think). Little by little this route gets longer and longer. I'm now counting it as 9.5 miles. 81:48.

I'm not mapping out my travelogue today but figure I must have made it through Staunton VA by now. Last time I was in Staunton was in 1995, driving a UHaul, when me, Cindy and Maricela (this was pre-Tony) were moving to Philadelphia from Texas. My Uncle Daniel and Aunt Judy live there, and we dropped by to visit and spend the night. Staunton is the hometown of the Statler Brothers and Mary Baldwin College, which is where my uncle teaches. Aunt Judy always takes an interest in my Boston runs, and her knowledge of the marathon surprised me until I realized that she grew up in Newton. So we have that little bond. Good to see them, even if only virtually.

As often happens in real life, I don't know where I'm headed from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home