Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

You Got to Move

Pouring rain this morning, so I rolled over and kept sleeping. To make up for that, I went out to Strawberry Mansion Bridge over my lunch hour and back around through Fairmount Park and West Philly in a course that looked like this. Course clocks in at 11.75 miles, but I round it down to 11.5, time was 85:44. Averages out to a 7:30 pace.

It was a strong run. The spirit said move and I followed suit. Three marked miles on MLK (a shoutout to whoever refreshed the painted 1/4 mile markers over the weekend) were run in 20.10, and mentally needed very little pushing. It was the first time in awhile that I took on the Ford Road hill, the steepest extended hill around here that I'm aware of, and one that got me good and anaerobic today.

Weather was cool and cloudy, nice to run in until about mile 8 when it started to drizzle and rain again. But by that time I was past the point of no return and just cruised in a little wet.

Now for a bit of vanity: my Philly marathon run made this list of top marathon times in 2005 by US runners, weighing in at #769. Don't know what to make of this number except that it will get lowered on the 2006 list.

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

"Ford Road Hill?" Call the thing by its name, for God's sake.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home