Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, January 20, 2006

Double Digits Again

I've said several times before that Fridays are the hardest days. Everything accumulates from the bygone week and all I want to do is stay in bed.

But instead I got up at 5:30 one more time and, this morning, met up with Dierdre and ran an extended version of the loop I ran yesterday. Its about 2 miles to Dierdre's house, which I took ploddingly, and after we met up the pace went down, naturally it seemed, to about 6:45 or 7. Dierdre's one of the more energetic people I know, and I appreciated not having to expend the mental energy I otherwise would have needed, were I to have run alone, to push myself to that pace. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, but that's why it pays to run with fast people. Sunrise was beautiful, with old contrails making brushstrokes of grey across an orange sky that provided the backdrop for General Meade perched on his horse high atop the Civil War Memorial in Fairmount Park. Weather is still warm and I still don't complain.

11.5 in just under 90 (1:29:58), meaning that I've done double digit mileage for 5 days in a row. Tomorrow that will stare me in the face again, but at least I can sleep in a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home