Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Just Miles

Strangest weather this morning. Temps must have been in the mid 60s when I left the house at 6am, with really strong gusts of wind and light drizzle. Erin, Kevin J and I went northwest and had alot of fun with the wind at our backs. Erin said we should have brought SEPTA tokens so we could keep running in this direction and just take the bus home.

Instead we headed up 46th St. and then up Merion Ave. The latter is a spooky street that runs parallel to Lancaster on the left, with auto junkyards, warehouses and vacant houses to buffer the two, and a set of railroad tracks and vacant lots on the other side. I think I'll wait until its light again in the mornings before running that street again.

As soon as we got onto 56th and headed back south, the wind not only got into our face but the rain was heavy. This made it a miserable run back home and reminded me why I have this primal aversion to running in the rain. Got home 53:34 later than when I left, distance was 6 miles (actually closer to 10k).

Just got back from running another 4 miles on the USP hamster wheel. Purely junk miles, done to keep my mileage up and to get through West Virginia just a little bit quicker. Judging Amy was on the ubiquitous tv monitors and I set the pace on the tm and just watched the show. Workout went by quickly, total time was 29:18.

Easy set of runs, easy workout on the blog as well today.

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

I also find your blog inquisitive. It asks, "why are you reading this?"

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home