Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sunday Running

Deirdre came by this morning at 6:30 and we headed west into a bright blue morning. The mildness continues to where, at this point even if it turns sharply cold it will still be a mild winter afterall. Kinda makes the groundhog superfluous. Six more weeks of this would be welcome.

For the third or fourth time, I tried to stretch this West Philly loop into 10 miles, got to 9.5 this morning. I'll keep trying, but the mileage (time was 72.27) put me at 83 for the week. A little less than the last few weeks, but still solid, especially considering that I did it on no double sessions. To paraphrase something I read on some blog, every 80 mile week is different. That has been the case here.

This morning's run, like most of yesterday's run, was fun. Its a good combination when running is both rigorous and enjoyable. A sunny morning, good company, and a really nice route, especially the bike path along Cobbs Creek, proved the key ingredients here. Its one of those days I'd have liked to run longer.

The plan is to cut back some this week, it is overdue.

Besides that, I'm getting some low-grade steady pain on my right hip, both during running and during the course of the rest of the day. It is not in a muscle area, and feels like a bruise on the iliac crest. Doing some poking around on the internet, I see that the condition that best describes it (but does not perfectly describe it) is "hip bursitis".

I say this cautiously because I know my mother reads this blog at times. At this point the pain is low grade, and I'm far from sure of this diagnosis. If, however, it is hip bursitis, it is universally described as an overuse injury best treated the usual way, rest, anti-inflammatories, etc. As I've said a few times, I'm likely due for an overuse injury, and hopefully cutting back this week, and maybe popping some ibuprofin, will keep it from getting worse. We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home