Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Let It Rain

Ran my old nemesis this morning, a 12-mile loop that goes along the 34th St./Lansdowne Ave. stretch of the Philadelphia Marathon course (where I take 2 miles at marathon pace) a half mile recovery to MLK, and another two mile MP to Falls Bridge. From there its up and over the BN, and then the last 5 miles are recovery.

The MP times this morning were inauspicious - 12:18 and 15:56. The first stretch was tough in the dark and into traffic, which interrupted my rhythm several times. Second stretch went much better. But the most important facet of doing this is that it breaks the ice. I invariably approach the first fast stuff of the season with dread. I think going fast in workouts exercises different mental muscles, muscles that have grown flaccid since last fall, than you use to gear up for lots of mileage.

My other accomplishment for the morning was that I beat the rain. It was one of those mornings where the darkness lifted to more darkness - heavy grey overcast that reminds me of Germany. Forecast calls for rain all day, I say let it rain!

And finally, January is in the books. 357 miles for the month, far and away the most I've ever logged in a month's time. Looking back at my old logs, its only the fourth time I've logged over 300 in a month. Now lets see if I can get two in a row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home