Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Double Helping - Over Easy

Had the old Eddie Cochran song "Summertime Blues" in my head during this afternoon's run. Cruel irony?!

I felt better this morning after really getting sick to my stomach last night. I kept to my resolution to keep it easy today, although it really wasn't hard to do this since my legs had that special touched by a baseball bat feel to them today. I went out for an easy four on the Franklin Field loop (39:46 - told you it was easy) this morning, which meant I could get away with going 8 over lunch (70:51) on what I call the Sweetbriar loop. Total of 12 for the day. The sun was bright and its not too cold, but the conditions conspired with my legs to keep things slow, as running still means going around or through snow piles, puddles, and oddly shaped cars, and being on more intimate terms with cars than I'm comfortable with as there is less space for all of us. But I wasn't in a hurry, so for once I didn't mind.

Shoot for the usual 6am Club West Philly run tomorrow morning, still easy, and hopefully by Thursday conditions will be pretty much back to normal again.

The key to training in the doldrums of February, with snow on the ground, is one day at a time - whatever you can get in. String those days together and just look to survive. Two more weeks till March and then there's light at the end of the track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home