Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Felt a whole lot better today. Got up and I felt and walked normally. I was cautiously optimistic as I went up to Manayunk to run with Philly Track Club guys.

They meet at a house that a few of them share off of Ridge Ave, and from there eight of us ran to Forbidden Trail, taking it all the way up to Northwest Ave. From there we went up to Germantown Ave. and took a long uphill into Chestnut Hill. I'll try to reconstruct where we went from there on g-map from there, but it amounted to alot of familiar sounding street names going over unfamiliar, very affluent and leafy terrain with rolling hills. As expected, I was the slowest guy in the group, and I realized that if I were to go off pace then I would be quite lost. Actually the pace at I'm guessing around 7 min. miles, was not too hard for me to keep up but I had to work it harder than the others. This was about what I was looking for.

After some trial and error, I did reconstruct the course on g-map. The problem is that I get turned around direction-wise very easily, and this is an easy part of town to quickly have no idea what direction you're going in. But, along with the other benefits of this run, I enjoyed going over someplace new. 15.5 miles in 1:42:05.

So all in all a good day runningwise, just the antidote for yesterday and one that gives me hope again for the upcoming two months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home