Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, March 13, 2006

Old Man Walking

Me, KJ and Erin all made it out this morning, despite all of us having run Cesar Rodney yesterday. KJ pr'd big time, and broke 1:30 yesterday, while Erin paced Marita, who surprisingly did not have a good day. So most of our conversation was reliving yesterday's race.

We ran on the Acme loop until 52nd Street and Parkside, where I suggested we just go home and skip the hilly part of the loop. There really wasn't any point in flogging a pair of dead legs this morning, and the other two agreed. I don't want to measure out our loop, so I'm guessing a conservative 6.5 in 58:58.

Thinking more on yesterdays race, I see it puts me in about 2:40 marathon shape, meaning that I'm poised to potentially do well in Paris. Things are, of course never that linear. But it gives me a positive outlook. This is my last hard week and then its taper time. That, and the need to get regular again after last week's debacle, were the only reasons why I was out there this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home