Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, March 27, 2006

Altitude Training

Here is my secret weapon for pr'ing in Paris. I'm heading out to Denver for the next few days.

In that altitude, I can taper and increase my blood's oxygen carrying capacity at the same time. Building endurance the easy way.

Actually, my trip there is part of a project I'm working on with the City of Denver in setting up an evaluation of their Ten Year Plan to end homelessness. A friend of mine commented on how Soviet that sounds, but Denver has been really enthusiastic and innovative in their approach to this, and its been fun working with them.

Ran about eight this morning. We took a somewhat mutated variation of the Acme loop that, to get the full mileage out of it, required heading right out to Cobbs Creek at about mile 7.5 where bearing left would have me home in a half mile. Deirdre and KJ went right, Erin and I went left. Taper has got to be good for something I thought. Forgot to stop my watch so I lost the time.

Catch y'all on Thursday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

cool. are you racing the Paris Marathon or something?

1:13 PM  
Blogger AceRacers said...

Didn't Mayor Street have an idea like that end homelessness in 10 years?

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home