Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, March 24, 2006

Hammering on Tired Legs

Just Erin and me this morning. We were tired of Acme loop so we went up Locust St. to Cobbs Creek and back down Woodland. Not exactly a new route but less travelled than Acme, which is getting stale. Its time we did some more exploring.

Pace was easy, as is befitting a Friday morning. I fully debriefed to Erin all my court stuff from the last three days, something I can do in an extended run because I didn't have to be conscious of being long-winded, we were stuck running for that time anyway. It took us through about half the run and after we moved on to other topics I realized it was something I needed to do. A long 9.5 miles in 81:45.

Tomorrow is the "Run for Humanity" as USP, which I'll race because the course passes a half block from my house and I need to run faster than the undergrads to further stave off my pending midlife crisis. KJ, Ian and Kevin F said they'd be out there as well, so my vision is to have all of us cross the finish line together in a 4-way tie for first place. We'll see how far from reality that actually becomes. But you get the not-so-serious mood with which I'm approaching this race. I'll also probably get in about 9 or 10 miles before the race as I want to make this my hard workout for the weekend and get some practice hammering on tired legs.

Hammering on tired legs - the phrase resonates something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home