Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Get It While You Can

Its been hard finding a few minutes to blog lately.

Running's been a challenge as well. Mainly work intruding on the times I usually set aside to run. Some cool stuff I'm working on, but setting up and doing the analyses just eat up time. Perhaps I should set up a blog about that.

Anyway, in lieu of a normal run yesterday I ran down to Tony's Little League game after work and back. Two sessions separated by about two hours. Left USP and sliced across South Philadelphia on Federal Street to Shot Tower, which is almost to the river. 4 miles and a little bit on the gmap-pedometer. Made it there in 28:07; made it back in 25:56. Running Kevin F. style.

I figured the real time for the combined runs was about 20 minutes, as that was the time above getting down there by car in rush hour that it took me. Time spent running instead of time spent driving.

This morning it was the usual West Philly Four. We ran the old Acme loop - 40th St. and Upland. Deliciously chilly out, we seemed to work it together, each person taking turns setting the pace and the others falling into a pack. Don't know why it happened today, just seemed to click. Pace was brisk but conversational. I really have to push harder these days on a morning workout following a workout the night before. 60:49, about 2.5 minutes faster (for 8 miles) than when Erin and I ran it last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home