Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hustlin'

Easy day today, given its the day before Broad St. Met up with Allen and we ran through West and South Philly till we got to Broad and Christian, and I showed him the course from there to the finish, including the arch that signals you are entering into the former Navy Shipyards and which looks deceptively like the finish (which is actually about 1/4 mile further down). After that we went to the Linc for the expo. Easy 7 miles, didn't time it. Took SEPTA back home.

All set for tomorrow now. Based on last years results and depending on who shows up, I got a shot at some masters money.

Here's a good story. Maricela finds out that her Social Studies teacher is running Broad St. So she goes up to him and mentions that her father is running BSR as well. This gets his interest and she suggests that they should bet, and if I win then she would be excused from doing the next current events assignment. He asks her what kind of times I run and she mumbles she doesn't know but that I run a few miles every morning. He says sure, what the heck, its a deal. After he assigns the class some seatwork, he (obviously being a runner) goes online and checks the past results on the BSR webpage. So as they are working Maricela says the class hears an expletive followed by Mr. B. blurting out: "he's half an hour faster than I am, deal's off!"

Getting used by my daughter for a hustle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home