Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, May 19, 2006

In Between the Rains

I did make it out of the house at 6 this morning. More like 6:05 but in time to meet Erin and Jody, a new guy Erin recruited from her job. Everything was wet from apparent rainfall last night. We headed west and our Cobbs Creek loop became a little fresher as we showed it to Jody for the first time. As we hit the Cobbs Creek bike trail it started thundering and we cut the run short and returned down Warrington. I wasn't complaining, and sure enough the rain started to fall just about when we hit 47th and Baltimore. I fought back to urge to add another mile and instead sat on the porch swing with the NY Times, feeling smug and cozy as the rain proceeded to come down in buckets.

Jody looked like he was having a tough time finishing up. I wonder if he'll come back around. I was having a tough time as well. Really tired and my body aches. Can't figure out if its just been a long week or I'm coming down with something.

This weekend is another round of camping with Tony's cub scout troop. I always look at these weekends as a chore - a paternal obligation of sorts - although they usually are more enjoyable than I expect. It also means I'll be grabbing miles where I can get them (again) this weekend.

Oh yeah, 6 miles in a pedestrian 52:47.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home