Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dear Prudence. . .

won't you come out to play
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day
The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you
Dear Prudence won't you come out and play

These lyrics were ringing in my head this morning. Continuing to exercise prudence by exercising prudently. Little more this morning and a little faster - 6.5 mile Art Museum loop in 53:16. Running was easy - not in slow but in requiring minimal effort. Legs feel fresh, kinda like your teeth do after you've been to a dentist for a cleaning. Afraid of putting miles on them again and losing that feeling.

Morning is pleasantly cool with a breeze. Air was hazy around Center City this morning with a plasticky burning smell, suggesting there may have been a big fire. But there were beautiful purple flowers behind the guardrail at Spring Garden St. by the mouth of MLK Drive.

Another day in a tough week, but as I caught myself telling a friend yesterday - "I run marathons, I can make it through this." Also keeping my buddy James in mind, who lost his dad yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home