Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Beat the Heat

Got in a run with KJ and Deirdre this morning. Yes, Deirdre is finally back from her trip out west. They wanted to do trail running, which I'm not crazy about, but I wanted the company. So we went down to MLK Drive and back up to Belmont Plateau, where I just followed them as they went bushwhacking through the endless trails that crisscross and curve around the wooded area at the plateau. There is a nice, straight somewhat gravelly road that cuts through the area and goes out to Ford Rd, nice and shady, that is my idea of good trail running, but whenever we'd get on it KJ and Deirdre would quickly turn off to a narrower more serpentine path. Like I told Deirdre, I'm too big for this, too clumsy, and I like zoning out on long straightaways, which I can do on asphalt. Deirdre said trails are good for me; maybe she's right.

At least it was shady, and today that was a good thing. Supposed to be a scorcher. Its impossible to g-map a course like this, so conservatively it was 15 miles in 2:08:24. That puts me at 80 miles for the week. First time in a long time.

Cindy is calling - Fathers Day and we're all going to the Blue Rocks game in Wilmington. I'm outta here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home