Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Walt Whitman Bridge (reprise)

Maybe six will bring me luck
Got a little shake I kept in the fridge
Gonna drink my bean and [run] out smoking [to] the Walt Whitman Bridge

A Marah song I was raving about a few weeks back, and that now has become an anthem for this training cycle. Lyrics here are slightly altered.

I hooked up with Kevin F. again this morning and we ran six along the Delaware to the Walt Whitman and back up to Port Richmond. Kevin's a good friend; letting me vent and spout as we carved up this 12-mile turkey three minutes faster (93:38) than last time without really trying. Chilly this morning with a strong headwind on the way back.

74 miles this past week, coming off the surgery. Looking for more this coming week.

Got a picture of my lover's lips before they dried up under my kiss
A prayer in my heart I'm too scared to recite
Oughtta toss that stale loaf of words to the birds as a monument to my whole life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home