Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tag Team Partners

Yesterday I crowed about what a beautiful, clear sunny day it was and today Center City was again looming off in a hazy distance.

Erin overslept and so KJ/Silas and I took off for Cobbs Creek on Cedar Ave without her. We are now hyperaware of street factors affecting stroller negotiability and Cedar is wide. Despite our best efforts at ensuring a smooth ride, Silas became crotchety at Cobbs Creek by Thomas Ave, necessitating a pit stop. While KJ changed Silas' diaper, Erin reeled us in through having taken a shorter course and with a pregnant burst of speed. KJ then tagged her and she continued to run with me as KJ cut his run short and went home with a still-crying Silas.

The pregnant lady and I continued down to Woodland, talking of death and social Darwinism, and then again ran into KJ and Silas (now asleep) at around 54th St. We all ran back to 43rd Street, and I added some extra distance through Penn campus to make my jaunt a long ten and giving me a week’s worth of double digit mileage days. 89:46; nothing too strenuous. Deidre, we need you back.

Tipped the scales at 168 today, another new adulthood low (by point of comparison, I’m the same height as Allen Iverson and he’s listed at 175). Reminds me of a famous quote from Once a Runner, “if the furnace is hot enough it will burn anything.” The temperature is rising, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home