Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day

Happy Fourth. I associate long steamy runs with this holiday, and this year that tradition continues.

Slept longer than I should have and did a BN loop. I nailed the four river miles at marathon pace - 24:01; and hit the portion right after that in 17:23, including a 9:13 ascent of the BN. These are all solid splits for me, esp. the MP miles, which are some of the few I've done since April. They came naturally, so its a good measure of how things are progressing.

I'm proud of this workout. This is a tough workout, as it consists of a 3.5 mile warmup stretch, a flat marked 4 miles of tempo running, and then a 2.5 or so bust-ass over a sharp grade and keep on going to Belmont Plateau section. I'm happy with my times because for me they are fast and shows that I'm willing and able to work hard in what are probably some of the lousiest conditions for training I've experienced all year. Keep it up!

I rewarded myself with a post workout swim. 10 times around in a lap pool and once again reassuring myself that I have not the slightest attraction to trying a triathlon. Swimming is, however, the perfect cooldown exercise.

Off to see the World Cup semis in a little while - Go Germany!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home