Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Like Steve McQueen

All I need's a fast machine
I'm gonna make it alright

I love Sheryl Crow. I love her music too. Sheryl, if you're reading this, hope your recovery is going well.

Closed out yesterday with 10 down to the Art Museum, up around Fairmount Park, and back home via Belmont. Another timer malfunction, so I don't know how fast I was going. Say it was half-fassed. We started out with a posse of eight, which then whittled down to me, Ian, Stevus, and John Dubs. Good company.

Another late night last night and so I missed the West Philly folks this morning. Got out and did six on my own, out to Cobbs Creek and back via Warrington. 49:39. I'll look to get in another four this evening.

Some guy I know plans to run Berlin this fall. Sorely tempting and I thought it over muchly on this morning's run. Came to the decision, much as I tried not to, that its not gonna work for me. Combination of running a half on Labor Day, the relatively short lead time left until the race, and that with my fall teaching load I'm not going to be able to take enough time off to make it worth the trip. Wish I could go, but this replants the seed, maybe for next year.

I wanna rock and roll this party
I still wanna have some fun
I wanna leave you feeling breathless
Show you how the west was won
But I gotta fly, I gotta fly o

Like Steve McQueen. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

Sad to hear you won't be in Berlin. But I guess that gets me one spot closer to Geb at the finish. I'll do my best to warm up the streets for you.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home