Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Hometown

Son take a good look around, this is your hometown.

Spent the weekend at my mom's. Don't make it up there nearly enough. Very relaxing, with hefty doses of World Cup Soccer matches, conversation and decompressing. I needed that.

I also maintained my regular running, which right now is getting in at least ten miles in a day. Just put in the miles over these last three days, still not motivated/have the energy to kick it up into training mode. The running is a bit different in upstate NY, in that there is significant topography and you can't help but get in hill work. Also, Stony Point borders on the Palisades Interstate Park system, which gives it a split personality. On one hand, its a suburb that loses more green space every time I go up there, on the other hand, there are clear limits to how much the area can develop because of the park, so its not a far run and you're on a road that seemingly goes on forever through leafy forests with hardly a car. In other words the running is very different than here in Philly.

To recap:

The best I could get in on Thursday was a 3.5 mile Franklin Field loop in 31.25. Call it as close as I get to giving myself a day off.

Went for 92 minutes on this route on Friday, giving me 11.8 miles.

Went longer on Saturday and a bit farther afield, planned the route fortuitously so that it took just about exactly 2 hours.

Scaled it back to 90 minutes and went along the Hudson riverside for some of the route. I underestimated this route and had to do a bit of a runaround at the end to stretch it out to 90. The route came out to 10.8 in 90 minutes, so I went a bit slower than on Friday.

Not going to write much more here, although lots of thoughts went through my head as my routes took me past all kinds of haunts and memories from growing up. But I spent a chunk of time gmapping all these routes, and need to get to other stuff.

Nice to get this variety in. But it'll also be nice to get back to my tried and true haunts, as it lets me focus, at least in theory, on taking things up a notch in intensity.

Its something I have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home