Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

All Work, No Play

I'm becoming a dull boy.

Got a crop of deadlines again, and yesterday I did little else but run and work. Overslept and so had to cut the morning run down to six miles (Art Museum loop in 47:24) and when I got home from the office at 8 I cranked out another 4 miles (extended Franklin Field loop in 30:35), finishing at the pool and cooling down by swimming some laps (don't worry, I don't have tri on the brain).

Last night I read stuff I assigned for the class I'm teaching tonight and fell asleep on the couch. Got up, put my sneakers on, and out the door again. 13.5 mile BN loop. Ran the 4 MLK miles in 23:45, about 15 seconds faster than last week, and the BN hill (9:03) to Belmont Plateau in 16:55. These splits are all improvements over last week and the weather, if anything, is hotter and hazier this morning. So I gotta call it a good workout. My total time (98:53) was about two minutes slower than last week, and that was because I just didn't have it on the warm up and cool down, especially near the end. Once I hit the plateau I thought this run is over and just trudged the last three miles home. I left my mojo on the course this morning.

So every weeks workouts a little faster than the week before, and keeping up the high mileage. Sofar its been a good July. . . trainingwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home